“To help support the Military and those personnel who serve within it and their families.”
Aims & Objectives of the Foundation - Supporting Canadian Soldiers and Families
The Order of St George donates to registered charities and qualified non profit organizations to support the dedicated Canadian soldiers who have served their country. Often as a result of their service the soldiers and their families suffer financially, physically and psychologically.
The Order of St George steps up to support those in need who have served Canada, and are often left with inadequate resources and support. The main objectives of the Foundation are centered on the following:
- Canadian Forces Military Organizations; the Foundation supports such organizations as the Military Family Fund that supports military families who have been killed or wounded, the Military Family Resources Centres that support families of soldiers deployed overseas as well as other charitable needs of various Canadian Regiments (56th Field Regiment, 33rd Signals Regiment, Cameron Highlanders, Royal Canadian Artillery)
- Canadian Veterans; we provide either physical or physiological needs to those who have served their country such as the Tony Stacey Veterans Center, Sunnybrook Veterans Hospital, and other charitable PTSD organizations.
- Cadets; the Foundation support the importance of youth and their development in a structured Military environment and help provide resources for their training, education and ongoing development.
- Rangers; as with the Cadets, the Foundation supports the development of the Rangers in training, experience and education.
- Maintaining the connection with the Sovereign; the foundation works with and supports other Sovereign organizations that provide services and training to both the general public and military organizations. Such examples of this are St. John’s Ambulance training programmes and charitable support activities.
- Military Memorials; the Foundation honours the memory of those soldiers who have given their lives serving their country for freedom and democracy. This includes such efforts as the Afghanistan Repatriation Memorial located next to CFB Trenton.
- Military Families; support for such organizations that help re-integrate soldiers with their families after overseas operations such as Camp Maple Leaf.
The goal of the Order of St George is to continue to seek donations to support Canadian soldiers, reservists, veterans and cadets who have contributed to Canada.
Order of St. George DONATION INTSRUCTIONS
Cheques payable to: Order of St George Foundation
Mail cheques to:
The Order of St. George Foundation
PO Box 40023, 761 King St. West
Donate Shares or Mutual Fund Units
Publicly traded shares and mutual fund units can be donated
Transfer the shares or units to the brokerage account of the Order of St George
CIBC Wood Gundy
Suite 600, 161 Wellington St.
Toronto, ON, M5V 3H6
Account # 426 16697 19
Contact: Philip Gilbert
Investment Advisor - 416 369 8702